Mission Un-Impossible

Well I failed to meet my first goal of getting 5 dudes painted up in the first week, but in the second week I challenged myself to not only finish up those 5, but to do another five.

Well it took me to within an hour of going over to Tom's today, but I got my 10-dorf Quarreler unit completed. I took them over to Tom's house, and Tom and John were nice enough to tell me how good they looked. This was really nice. I will try to put some pictures of them up tomorrow.

I like painting the Dorfs. With the Space Pups, I got a bit bored with painting that Shadow Grey armor again and again and again. The Dorfs have a bunch of little bits that need some detail work done, and I really enjoyed it.

I think that the 10 dudes I painted probably took about 10 total hours to paint, so I think I've got a good system down. The only thing I need to do with them is paint the sides of their bases (not sure what I'm going to do there) and seal them.

I did see that I made one mistake. On my list, I have 10 Quarrelers with a musician. I modeled one of them to be a Champion if I decided to ever give them one (though I doubt I ever will), but I also gave them (and the Thunderers) a banner, which they do not have on my list. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to take the dude that will stand in for the champion as a regular dude, but I don't think I can just say "hey that banner, its not really there." Thankfully, I had enough bits to create another Quarreler and Thunderer, so they are now sitting in the garage with the first coat of primer drying on them.

As for the week to come, I have decided to paint my Bolt Thrower, and Cannon. I will also paint the beards on all my remaining Dorfs. I think that will count for about 5 models.

2 Response to "Mission Un-Impossible"

  1. If you had that dude on the right there you wouldn't need an army. He has everything, including the Vorpal Teapot of Dewm.

    But yeah I'm not really keeping up with the 5 models a week thing.

    In the finished category I have my hydra and handlers, 1 Cold One Knight, 1 Black Guard, 1 Crossbowman, 1 Reaper Bolt Thrower (sans crew), and 1 Sorceress.

    In the nearly finished category I have another bolt thrower, all four crew, 9 more crew, and a sorceress on a cold one.

    The biggest problem is that the characters keep drawing me away from my work on the rank and file. They really are evil. :(

    I think hes got some kindling of Dewm as well.

    Well I think the Hyrdra counts for 5 dudes. The Cold One Knight, Black Guard and Crossbowman are pretty close as well.

    I think that characters should probably count for more than one dude as well seeing as you are probably taking more time on that one dude that you would on 2-3 others.

    The 5 models a week thing for me is a motivator, not a straight jacket. I didn't make it the first week, not big deal. I caught up the second week, great for me. Not sure I'll make my deadline this week, oh well. The main thing is that I find I will do more if I set a deadline for myself. I'm not like Tom and say to myself "i'm gunna paint up a whole lizardman army, then finish off my guard, and for dessert, do up my ultrasmurfs."

    I envy him, but it doesn't work for me.

Powered by Blogger