Mr. Hurricane, you have a call on line 1...

So I bought the Njal Stormcaller model and I finally got him painted up so that I could take him up against Tamara last weekend. This is what I came up with.


This model was a PITA to paint. So many little bits everywhere that it was really hard to pick them all out from the primer. One of the things I like, but I'm not a 100% on are the runes in his armor and his staff. What I did is used some watered down blazing orange to get into the groves, then dry-brushed black over it, I was attempting to make it look like they were glowing.


Another think I really liked was using the Dwarf flesh paint on the skin. It just gives the skin a "ruddy" completion, and I think it looks good on the SWs (and my new dwarfs).
I'm not really thrilled with out the raven turned out. I like the wires and eye piece on the bird, but I just don't like the grey highlights I put on with a dry brush. I may have to re do it.

As for the dude in combat. I don't think hes as badass as everyone thinks. Hes a T4, W2 model with no eternal warrior, so a S8 hit or above will kill him outright. Also, most of his badassedness comes from psychic powers that have pretty short ranges. The living lightning is nice because it is unlimited range, but after that is JotWW and that has a 24 inch range, and everything else is 18 inches or less. This dude costs more than a Land Raider and I just don't know about getting him stuck in. I'd be pooping bricks against getting him out of a transport against LR or Basilisk squadrons. Anywho, I don't see me playing with him much, but hes too cool of a model NOT to pick up.

2 Response to "Mr. Hurricane, you have a call on line 1..."

  1. Very cool.. (Not as cool as an entire Dark Elf army.. but still cool)

    This comment has been removed by the author.
Powered by Blogger