GooooOOooOoOOoooOOOOooooooOooOal!

So I am strongly considering going to the Capital City Carnage in May, so I need to get some things done.


First is getting a list together, and this is what I'm looking at taking.

2250 - Dwarfs Roster

Dwarf Lord (1#, 293 pts)
1 Dwarf Lord @ 293 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield; Shieldbearers)
1 Runic Weapon (Master Rune of Swiftness; Rune of Cleaving x1; Rune of Fury x1)
1 Runic Armor (Master Rune of Steel)

Thane (1#, 160 pts)
1 Thane (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 160 pts (Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Runic Weapon (Rune of Cleaving x1; Rune of Striking x1)
1 Runic Armor (Master Rune of Gromril)
1 Runic Talisman (Rune of Warding x1)

Runesmith (1#, 127 pts)
1 Runesmith @ 127 pts (Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield)
1 Runic Armor (Rune of Stone)
1 Runic Talisman (Rune of Spellbreaking x2)

Dwarf Warriors (20#, 205 pts)
19 Dwarf Warriors @ 205 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)
1 Veteran (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)

Dwarf Warriors (20#, 295 pts)
19 Longbeards @ 295 pts (Upgrade to Longbeards; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)
1 Veteran (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)
1 Runic Standard (Rune of Courage)

Quarellers (10#, 125 pts)
10 Quarrellers @ 125 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield)

Thunderers (10#, 155 pts)
10 Thunderers @ 155 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield)

Hammerers (20#, 305 pts)
19 ~[(^One or more selected options present a potential usage conflict]×~[(#]Hammerers @ 305 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Stubborn)
1 Gate Keeper (Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)
1 Runic Standard (Rune of Sanctuary x1)

Artillery Battery (5#, 85 pts)
1 Bolt Thrower @ 85 pts (Rune of Penetrating x1; Bolt Thrower)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)
1 Engineer (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Artillery Battery (5#, 90 pts)
1 Bolt Thrower @ 90 pts (Rune of Burning; Rune of Penetrating x1; Bolt Thrower)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)
1 Engineer (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Artillery Battery (5#, 150 pts)
1 Cannon @ 150 pts (Rune of Forging; Rune of Reloading; Cannon)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)
1 Engineer (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Artillery Battery (4#, 120 pts)
1 Organ Gun @ 120 pts
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Airborne Assault (1#, 140 pts)
1 Gyrocopter @ 140 pts (Flyer)

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Dwarf Army; Edition: 7th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 2250

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

This is not supposed to be a super competitive list, I put in units that I want to play around with. Now, I do have two S7 bolt throwers, but I really think that is pretty much the extent of the "douchebaggery" of the list.

So from that, I have a list of the models I need.

2250 - Dwarfs Roster

2 Bolt Thrower
2 Bolt Thrower Need 1

1 Cannon
1 Cannon Have

12 Crew
12 Crew - Light Armour Have 9, will get 3 more from the BT.

1 Dwarf Lord
1 Dwarf Lord - Gromril Armor; Shield Need King Alrik and Shieldbearers

40 Dwarf Warriors
34 Dwarf Warriors - Heavy Armour; Shield Have 29, need 13 more (two come from Alrik)
2 Musician - Musician Mus; Heavy Armour; Shield Have
2 Standard Bearer - Standard Bearer Std; Heavy Armour; Shield Have
2 Veteran - Heavy Armour; Shield Have

3 Engineer
3 Engineer - Light Armour Have 1, need 2

1 Gyrocopter
1 Gyrocopter Have

20 Hammerers
17 Hammerers - Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield Have 12, need 5
1 Gate Keeper - Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield Have
1 Musician - Musician Mus; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield Have
1 Standard Bearer - Standard Bearer Std; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield Have

1 Organ Gun Have
1 Organ Gun

10 Quarrellers
9 Quarrellers - Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield Have
1 Musician - Musician Mus; Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield Have

1 Runesmith
1 Runesmith - Gromril Armor; Shield Have

1 Thane
1 Thane - Gromril Armor Have

10 Thunderers
9 Thunderers - Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield Have
1 Musician - Musician Mus; Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield Have

Total Roster Cost: 2250

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

So what I am going to try to do is set myself weekly goals. As of this moment, I have the Organ Gun and crew, 1 warrior, 4 drunk dwarfs, and Lord I probably won't be using painted.

So What I'm going to try to do is paint about 5 dudes a week. I think that is d0-able with my skill(z) and the time and effort I put into each mini.

At this moment, I have all of my warriors and hammers either base-coated, or drying.

Anywho, I figured if I have a stated goal and if I post progress on here, I may actually get things ready.

Off to paint...

3 Response to "GooooOOooOoOOoooOOOOooooooOooOal!"

  1. I might try to keep up with you on that. I have the advantage of already having the models I plan on using for my Druchii list, but I'm not a very fast painter, so it might be a challenge to do 5 models a week. I have started work on my hydra, but I foresee it taking awhile with all the glazing I have planned. It has 5 heads, do I get to count each as an individual?

    Butt Head says:

    That's a nasty looking Dwarf list. 4 cannons? You almost have me convinced to enter this tourney, although I have the luxury of having a fully painted and assembled Lizard army, so I can afford to wait to enter.

    So, when you play a Dorf army, does it help your tactics to be be drunk when you play?

    Well, as for 5 heads. I was thinking that I would count about 5 dudes a week, or one Artillery Battery. I think they are equivalent. I think your Hydra would be worth at lead 5 stunties.

    And I don't have 4 cannons. Only one cannone (and one organ gun, and 2 S7 bolt throwers shooting at WS4)

    As for tactics. I am almost certain that being drunk could not hurt my tactics.

Powered by Blogger