Another idea...


I'm totally gonna do a CSM list, but right now the funds for spikey marines are a little low. So I thought I'd try cobbling together something different using models that I have available. (mostly)
It's semi-spammy in that is has three identical squads in it. Anyway...your thoughts?

2000 Pts - Witch Hunters Roster


HQ: Canoness (1#, 181 pts)
1 Canoness @ 181 pts (Book of St. Lucius; Cloak of St. Aspira; Jump Pack; Mantle of Ophelia; Rosarius; Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Inferno Pistol x1; Blessed Weapon)
1 Mantle of Ophelia
1 Blessed Weapon

Fast Attack: Seraphim Squad (10#, 299 pts)
9 Seraphim Squad @ 299 pts (Frag Grenades; Jump Pack; Krak Grenades; Twin Bolt Pistols x7; Melta Bombs; Twin Hand Flamers x2)
1 Veteran Sister Superior (Book of St. Lucius; Jump Pack; Simulacrum Imperialis; Frag Grenade (Squad); Krak Grenade (Squad); Melta Bombs (Squad); Bolt Pistol x1; Power Weapon x1)

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#, 254 pts)
9 Battle Sisters Squad @ 254 pts (Bolter x7; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Meltagun x1; Heavy Flamer; Mount in Rhino)
1 Rhino (Storm Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers)
1 Veteran Sister Superior (Book of St. Lucius; Frag Grenade (Squad); Krak Grenade (Squad); Close Combat Weapon x1; Plasma Pistol x1)

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#, 254 pts)
9 Battle Sisters Squad @ 254 pts (Bolter x7; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Meltagun x1; Heavy Flamer; Mount in Rhino)
1 Rhino (Storm Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers)
1 Veteran Sister Superior (Book of St. Lucius; Frag Grenade (Squad); Krak Grenade (Squad); Close Combat Weapon x1; Plasma Pistol x1)

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#, 254 pts)
9 Battle Sisters Squad @ 254 pts (Bolter x7; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Meltagun x1; Heavy Flamer; Mount in Rhino)
1 Rhino (Storm Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers)
1 Veteran Sister Superior (Book of St. Lucius; Frag Grenade (Squad); Krak Grenade (Squad); Close Combat Weapon x1; Plasma Pistol x1)

Troops: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (11#, 214 pts)
10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers @ 214 pts (Frag Grenades; Targeter; Hellgun x8; Meltagun x2; Mount in Chimera)
1 Chimera (Turret Multilaser; Extra Armor; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Heavy Bolter)

Heavy Support: Retributor Squad (7#, 274 pts)
5 Retributor Squad @ 274 pts (Bolter; Simulacrum Imperialis; Heavy Bolter x4; Imagifer)
1 Immolator (Dozer Blade; Extra Armor; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked MultiMelta)
1 Veteran Sister Superior (Book of St. Lucius; Storm Bolter)

Heavy Support: Exorcist (1#, 135 pts)
1 Exorcist @ 135 pts (Exorcist Missile Launcher)

Heavy Support: Exorcist (1#, 135 pts)
1 Exorcist @ 135 pts (Exorcist Missile Launcher)



Total Roster Cost: 2000

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

8 Response to "Another idea..."

  1. Jwolf says:

    Plasma Pistols are not your friend. Combimeltas are. So are Eviscerators.

    Looks like a reasonably solid list. Sisters are a hard army to get right, so you'll need 20-30 games with them to tweak a list to be exacty what you want, but this is a good place to start.

    Hmmm the plasma pistols were more of a model choice than anything else. Looks like I got me some convertin' to do. Of course I also considered dropping the seraphims and maybe a squad of sisters and taking a unit of allied Grey Knights. Not necessarily tournament valid depending on the rules but potentially fun. Will have to play with the numbers a bit.

    Butt Head says:

    Take 2 IG Valkyries and load some squads in those. I got 2 you can borrow.

    I would offer to loan you my Ogrynns, but I imagine the rumor has got out about BoLs-con and your sisters would refuse to be fielded with them....

    Contrary to popular belief, you cannot take IG Valyries in a Witchhunters or Daemonhunters force. Both of the old codexes are VERY specific on precisely what you can take as IG allies. To include the ever popular Armored Fist platoon for example. You CAN take Witchhunters or Daemonhunter allies in a Guard force and that's how people are getting around that. But, although fluffy (Assuming you're battling the archenemy of mankind that is), I think that doesn't really play to the strengths of the Guard. Also I am loathe to pick up a guard codex because then I'll just want more models that I cant really afford right now.

    Butt Head says:

    You can borrow ANY IG stuff that I have as I don't even want to look at it currently... I'm very burnt out on them and am going SM all the way....

    I like the list. I agree that plasma pistols are a waste for what the squads are and a waste in general (except for assault Templars for ass/side shots on vehicles). I do not recall the restrictions with repentia, but with new 4+ cover for everyone would they be a good choice now? As for the "spam" I'd call your list redundancy...you aren't finding the best bang for the buck/most kill least model deal and simply spamming it.

    Butt Head I may take you up on that IG deal. I have been kicking around some IG lists and would love to play test them.

    Butt Head says:

    You know where I live... C'mon and gettem'

    I'm with rolling stop. I don't see it as spam so much redundancy.

    I've always been too much of a wuss to use plasma.

    Why the storm troopers, other than the fact you've got them painted up? I don't really have a complaint about them, they just seem the odd man out (pun intended!).

Powered by Blogger