N00b's Eye View

We'll seeing as we have some folks that can take some action, I'll put in my $0.02 about BoLScon.


I had a blast. I got my ass handed to me over and over again, but seeing the armies, and playing some really great guys (except for the one that threw his Whirlwind) was just great.

I would echo some of the things others have stated. For a n00b like me, 7 games was too much. If there are no other options, I am 99% sure that I'll still go next year, but I would like to see something that would be a bit less intense. I would like to see a 3 and 3 or even a 3 and 2 so that I could have time to do other things.

I would have loved to sit in on a game of Space Hulk. I am pretty sure I am not going to buy the box, but I would have really liked to give it a test drive. Same for spending more time looking at the WFB, and the naritive battles. I would have totally brought a "second" army (meaning enough stuff to bump it up to 3k) to jump into a Narative battle in between tourny battles.

Also, I think that if there were a "mini" tournament with smaller prizes, perhaps you'd get some of the more intense players to skip it, and give us little fish a chance at winning something. Although I can totally see some douchbag playing in the mini tourni to kick the little fish asses.

Anywho, I had a blast, it was really well run, and I think the BoLS post was wrong when it said we got 15 min behind. I didn't think we ever got that far behind.

Oh, and as I told JWolf, please for the love of God, don't do it the weekend before school starts (although I know you guys didn't have many choices).

Oh. One other thing I figured out, just about 1/3 of all of the 40k games I have EVER played, were played at BoLScon.

1 Response to "N00b's Eye View"

  1. Jwolf says:

    Really pleased that you had perfect Sports scores; that's a big deal. 3 of the 4 perfect sports scores for the weekend were locals.

Powered by Blogger