Seriously Messing Around

Been playing around a lot with army builder, and I think I'd like to try this list out.


2000 Pts - Space Wolves Roster

HQ: Wolf Priest (1#, 164 pts)
1 Wolf Priest @ 164 pts (True Grit; Healing Potions & Balms; Runic Charm; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tooth Necklace; Frag Grenades; Lightning Claw x2)
1 Master-Crafted Weapon

HQ: Wolf Lord (1#, 169 pts)
1 Wolf Lord @ 169 pts (True Grit; Runic Charm; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tooth Necklace; Frag Grenades; Lightning Claw x2)
1 Belt of Russ
1 Master-Crafted Weapon

HQ: Venerable Dreadnought (1#, 190 pts)
1 Venerable Dreadnought @ 190 pts (Extra Armor; Twin Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher)

Elite: Ironclad Dreadnought (2#, 190 pts)
1 Ironclad Dreadnought @ 190 pts (Dreadnought CCW; Extra Armor; Meltagun; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Heavy Flamer; Chain Fist; Drop Pod)
1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter; Locator Beacon)
1 Locator Beacon

Troops: Grey Hunter Pack (12#, 324 pts)
10 Grey Hunter Pack @ 324 pts (Close Combat Weapon x8; True Grit; Bolter x9; Power Fist x2; Meltagun; Wolf Guard Leader; Drop Pod)
1 Wolf Guard Leader (True Grit; Terminator Armour; Power Fist x1; Combi-Meltagun; 1 Elite Elite)
1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter; Locator Beacon)
1 Locator Beacon

Troops: Grey Hunter Pack (12#, 324 pts)
10 Grey Hunter Pack @ 324 pts (Close Combat Weapon x8; True Grit; Bolter x9; Power Fist x2; Meltagun; Wolf Guard Leader; Drop Pod)
1 Wolf Guard Leader (True Grit; Terminator Armour; Power Fist x1; Combi-Meltagun)
1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter; Locator Beacon)
1 Locator Beacon

Troops: Blood Claws Pack (12#, 233 pts)
11 Blood Claws Pack @ 233 pts (Bolt Pistol x10; Close Combat Weapon x8; Frag Grenades; Meltagun; Power Fist x3; Drop Pod)
1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter)

Troops: Blood Claws Pack (12#, 233 pts)
11 Blood Claws Pack @ 233 pts (Bolt Pistol x10; Close Combat Weapon x8; Frag Grenades; Meltagun; Power Fist x3; Drop Pod)
1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter)

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 165 pts)
1 Predator @ 165 pts (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Lascannon; Lascannon (each side))

Validation Report:
b-1. Source Material: Codex Source; d-1. File Version: 1.03b For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; c-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission; 1. Chapter: Space Wolves
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1992

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

The Vend Dread and the Pred will sit in the back and lay down some suppresive fire.

The Ironclad and the two GHers drop in turn one, to set up a beach head.

The two HQs will go with the Blood Claws so they are not Headstrong. The new Drop Pods holding 12 is friggin awesome for me! Three fists per BC pack! Hopefully by the time the BCs come in, my opponent will have enough to worry about that they won't shoot at the BCs, or they'll panic and put everything into them and let the rest of the army F them up.

I got melta's all around to take out vehicles, and lots of fists to take out the pesky hard-to-kill guys. The thing I'd be worried about is that I'm pretty much fixed to the ground after the droppers come in. I'd be screwed for objectives, unless I landed on them.

One of the things I was told more than once at BoLScon was that I needed to have an Invulnerable save on my HQs. The Wolf Priest comes with a 4+i, and the Belt of Russ gives the Wolf Lord a 4+i. Both HQs have a Runic Charm that allows them to ignore a failed wound, so I can use that when that insta-kill gets through the invulnerable. I'm sticking with Wolf Guard Terminators, mainly because it gives me a 3rd PF in each of the GH units, and its only 5 points each to go up to Termies.

So the army has 12 fists in it. I was considering putting fists on the IC's, but I figure the I5 LCs always hitting on 3+ will (hopefully) allow me to kill some dudes before the the dudes get to kill my BCs. Then the BCs can hit, then the fists can do some real damage.

Guess I better get my ass in gear and make put some Pods together. Let me know what you guys think.

2 Response to "Seriously Messing Around"

  1. I like it...any time you can get CC guys in power armor close to the enemy you are doing something right. Does the new drop pod assault rule give you half of the army on turn 1 then the second half or do you have to roll for reserves? If you have to roll for reserves, must you dictate what half of your army is what meaning you roll randomly for what half arrives on turn 1. Myabe I'm getting them mixed up with Chaos Daemons.

    Having 3 power fists in each BC pack is good. Even with the PF/BP nerf you would still get 3 attacks per fist on the charge due to Bloodclaw funky rule.

    Roll with it. It may really surprise you how effective it is.

    I think you are thinking of the Demons rule. I get half on turn one and the others come in on regular reserves.

    The really nice thing is that the first three pods have the homers, so once they are in, the BCs and 2nd GHs will not drift if they come in within 6 inches of one of the first three pods.

    Yeah, PF attacks per dude on the assault is painful. Hell 3 total PF attacks when you assault my GHs is gunna sting!

Powered by Blogger