Hard Decisions



So I've been doing a lot of thinking about my "green and white" marines. While I was putting lists together for the G&Ws and the SWs I kept saying to myself one of two things "well those will be painted green and white, so I'll have to just have mis-matched schemes in the army," or "I already have a land raider that is painted blue, so I'll have to buy another," so I finally came to a decision.

I am going to ditch the G&W marines and stick with the SW colors (maybe less yellow though). I think the main reason I wanted to play a "vanilla" chapter was to do some of the minis that were less "wolfie" or ones that I thought didn't really go with the fluff. Like chaplains. There are some really nice Chappy models I'd like to paint up, but they don't really go with the SW.

So what I've decided is that, I'm going to pick up some Chappy minis, maybe a Thunderfire cannon, and if I want to use them, I'll just use my SWs as vanilla marines painted blue/grey.

5 Response to "Hard Decisions"

  1. Kinda hard to see, but I like the look of the G&W.

    If you want some unusual librarians..I have some truly old school Libby models lying about somewhere.

    I really like the Angels of Redemption scheme...the minis look great and they certainly play differently than your Pups. As for having to go out and get all new vehicles, try fielding a different list...try no Land Raiders with your AoR...maybe this army as your pod army...maybe a mix of troops and several termi squads...up toy you.

    Being a successor chapter it is tough to find an identity. I have never liked the (for example) Flesh Tearers chapter simply using the codex Blood Angels rules. I have an issue with the special characters just using different names. I also have an issue with "oh master Haeshan of our beloved Flesh Tearers chapter...yes we have a group of brothers who for some strange reason have gone insane with blood lust...well we figured we'd paint their power armor black and put them in ultra-suicidal-super-shock squad and call them death company...it has a nice ring to it and I'm sure no one else has used it."

    Anyhow...I doubt a successor chapter of the Dark Angels would also have the TO&E to field a deathwing list. For example...Emperor's Fist Legion split into Emperor's Fist, Crimson Fist, and Black Templars. The Fists (Imp and Crimson) are basically the same with the more zealous ass-kickers being the Templars. There is nothing similar between IF and BT. That is where I would be careful to simply use the parent chapter's rules...especially with special formations.

    Then again I guess I am anal about Space Marines.

    Pssst... the first legion is the Dark Angels. The Fists are the 7th legion.

    But thanks for your comments.

    "Emperor's Fist Legion" not first legion...you may have mis-read my post.

Powered by Blogger