All my friends...

Know the Dark Rider.

Dark Rider is a little higher.
Dark Rider rides a little slower
Dark Rider is a real goer.

So anyway, tried the dip method in an attempt to make the horse a passable black without being completely devoid of detail. I didn't like the way it came out, but with some overpainting I was able to make it something I kinda dig. Opinions?














3 Response to "All my friends..."

  1. It may just be the camera (it may just be the God-aweful whiteness of the site, but the horse "just" looks black to me. I can see a bit of grey on the tail in the first pic, and a little bit on the shoulder of the second pic, but other than that, it looks completely black.

    Love the new header, hate the new layout.

    The horse is darker than I intended because I'm not used to dip. But it does have *some* detail evident when you see the actual model. The camera just doesn't capture it well.

    I wasn't sure if the dip method would work.. I know all my orks and rats get a lot darker post dip.. but if you painted the detail on then dipped, you usually can still see good detail afterwards.. and yeah the camera usually wont pick it up..

    Personally, I don't think they look bad at all, I mean they are supposed to be black horses.. I think I would put more gray streaks on the tail hair or something just to be different, but you know how I am and being different..

    I still like the snow.. I think that's a nice touch.. =)

Powered by Blogger