Engineers, Crews and a Runesmith

So I finished my challenge for the week. I actually got quite a bit of work done during the week. I almost finished up my 6 warmachine crew before the weekend started. I think I did pretty good with them. Its kinda hard to see, but I tried my hand at "jeweling" the lenses of the goggles on the second guy from the right. I also made one of the goggle lenses gold while the rest of it is silver. I think I did a really good job on the muscles of the guy pulling the lever for the bolt thrower.


So the cannonball and the bolt carried by these two both have runes inscribed on them. I was trying to make it look like the runes were glowing, so what I did was to do a wash of Fiery Orange, and then I tried a highlight of Red Gore to try to get the glowing effect. I then dry-brushed Boltgun Metal and Mithril Silver over that and left the orange-red peeking through. I really didnt get the effect I was hoping for, they both just look like they are orange. Oh well.

Last but not lease I have, from left to right, two Engineers and a Runesmith. All of the different aspects of my army have different colors associated with them (Warriors red, Ranged green) so the warmachine crews all have brown, the Engineers are yellow, and the Runesmiths are white. There is some more attempted jeweling on the stones on the Runesmith. I think they look O.K., but not that good. I guess they'll have to do.

So now for some updates. As of Friday, i have purchased the last pieces I need for the army. The last Engineer, Lord and Shieldbearers, and Standardbearer from GW, and the last 6 Hammerers from eBay. I am hoping that they will all arrive before the end of the week.

I am torn at the moment. I am unsure of whether I should work on my Gyrocopter, or start on my Longbeards for my next challenge. If I try the Longbeards I will attempt to work on the front two  ranks. These two ranks have quite a bit done already (beards, chain mail, blue, and red paint) so I don't think that will take me too long. This will give me some time to prime anything that comes in the mail over the week. If I go for the Gyrocopter, I will be trying to work out transportability of the model. I am going to be placing a custom foam order from Battlefoam in April to carry my trays of dudes, and I want to figure something out for the Gyrocopter. I think I will magnetize the rotors so that I can take it off for transport.

Anywho. I think I'll make my decision tomorrow.

2 Response to "Engineers, Crews and a Runesmith"

  1. Hey I got comments working again. The new format prevented comments from being entered in an embedded form. So now it opens a popup.

    And my comment is...these are your best models yet IMO. I love em. Shame I will have to run them down with cavalry again.

    As long as they leave a couple of bolts up some elf asses, I'm OK with that.

Powered by Blogger