Skavenses!


Yall are in trouble.. The new Skaven are going to be a lot of fun.. for me.. Less so for you guys.. heh

Actually the new book reads like they are moving back to what Skaven used to be (and what they should be).. They are now as much a danger to themselves as they are to others..

All of the new weapon teams have a pretty good chance of going "Foomph!" and taking out a large chunk of models.. yours or mine..

In fact just about everything in the army is written so that friend or foe can be affected by it.. Friendly fire is just a way of life in the Skaven and that is what made them fun previously.. I'm glad they are back to that..

The only rule/model in the whole army I really question is the Hellpit Abomination.. Either I'm missing something entirely or this thing is overpowered.. It really does read like something that got snuck into the book by mistake..

Not only does it not really "fit" with the feel of the army but it's also nutty powerful.. We shall see..

It also doesn't have a model.. Along with most of the other new things in the codex.. The new Doomwheel is very nice and was fun to paint.. (I am still pondering what to paint on the banner so I haven't done it yet.)

Note: Click the images to see the full size version..

It was fairly simple to assemble and there are a ton of bitz that could be used to build some of the other fun things in the army but not everything.. I'm very clearly going to have to get inventive if I want to field some of this stuff.. and I do want to..

It's likely going to be over a month before AB is updated with the latest Skaven codex so in the mean time I'm going to have to use a spreadsheet to create something..

Give me a week or two and I might actually have a playable army.. The real issue at this point is I have to completely repurpose ALL of my old models with the exception of my old style stormvermin and that's going to take time..

On the upside, my slave problem has been completely solved.

7 Response to "Skavenses!"

  1. Uhhh...yup. The HPA is what you think it is...pure nasty...then again Rats have no "Monster" so now they do. We will have to see if it is all cheese like the peeps on Warseer are saying. I for one say line up and fight it out...it's all about the killin' man.

    Skaven plastics look so damn good...too bad all I have is incomplete armies. Oh well...time to get crackin' on the improved VC army.

    Is that YOUR model? If so, looks sweet.

    As for AB, I'm still waiting for a SW update.

    Yes that's my model.. I still need to paint the little rat swarms that come with it and then base and flock it..

    Butt Head says:

    My question is: How are the leadership issues that you had with the previous codex? Are they about the same? All those rats still prone to run off the board?

    they are still skaven so leadership can sometimes be an issue but ranks are still your friend and this army got even more ranky than it was before..

    Oh...but no more "lead from the rear" thank God...now the hero choices can be properly dealt with (well...in theory, since they can be pretty nasty in CC).

    Ratlings hit on BS now not auto but they do not get -1 for multi-shot weapon I was reading. Can use parent units ldr (nice).

    Overall a good book from what I am reading. The Hellpit Abomination will be sweet to scratch build...a mash of plastic rats, rat ogres, wood, nails, rope, skins, anything pointy.

    Verminous Valor is the new lead from the rear rule.. its still in there man.. sorry..

    And I may avoid the HPA in favor of the doomwheel and the plagueclaw catapult.. The HPA isn't really my style

Powered by Blogger