IG list - No DH, SoB, or SCs..

HQ:

Company Commander - Bolter/PW
4 x Sniper Rifles (BS4)
(Will sit with Heavy Weapon squads and give orders)

Troops:
Platoon Commander - Bolter/PW
4 x Plasmaguns
40 man infantry squad with 4 Missile Launchers and 4 Grenade Launchers and Commissar to make them Stubborn
3 x Heavy bolters
6 x Autocannons
3 x Lascannons
(This is the gun line)

Troops 2:
Platoon Commander - Plasma Pistol/PW
Heavy flamer/Flamer/2 Laspistol/CCW
Chimera - HB/Heavy flamer
30 man infantry squad with 3 grenade launchers

Troops 3:
10 man Veteran squad - shotguns and 3 meltas

Troops 4:
10 man Veteran squad - lasguns and 3 grenade launchers

Troops 5:
10 man Veteran squad - lasguns and 3 Plasmaguns

Troops 6:
10 man veteran squad - shotguns, 1 heavy flamer, and 2 meltas

Fast attack:
Vendetta (carrying Troop 6)

Fast attack 2:
5 Rough Riders
(counter assault)

Fast attack 3:
Hellhound

Heavy:
LRBT

144 models
2000pts

9 Response to "IG list - No DH, SoB, or SCs.."

  1. Ya know, I don't know why, but I just cant understand Guard armies. So you'll have a gunline with the Commisar, what will the second third and fourth troops choice be doing while all this is going on?

    Jwolf says:

    The good Lord loves Valkyries, and so should you. I find your lack of Fast Attack selections disturbing; Valkyrie and Hellhound variants are all fantastic.

    Butt Head says:

    Pidge, hopefully they will be overwhelming the enemy. I'm thinking of going with the simple tactic of putting so many bodies on the board that my opponent won't be able to handle the mass lasgun/heavy weapon fire.

    Does troop #2-4 have heavy weapons? I don't want to say "just" 3 HB, 6 AC, 3 LC, 2 LRBT, and 2 Bassies, but it seems like it should be more.

    Butt Head says:

    No... they don't... So not enough HWs, not enough Fast Attack, but if I load up on those, then I won't have enough bodies on the table, since the majority of my army is abunch of S3/T3/BS3/+5 armor save guys who die by the dozens...

    Dude I know dick about IG. I don't really know if it isn't enough HW.

    The thing I think I'd be worried about, and one of the reasons people seem to be getting away from hoard IG armies is if you have 200+ models on the board, unless there also happens to be a building, you will probably be giving cover saves to the guys you are tying to shoot at.

    I'm not trying to pretend like I have a solution, or if it even IS a problem. I'm just trying to give you some critique.

    I like the idea of more cheap waves of infantry. Since everyone has settled into the "melta spam" lists to pop vehicles, there aren't too many lists out there designed to combat masses of troops. Now we are talking t3 5+ troops, but who cares! You have plenty. You also have vet squads for insertion (Vendetta) and the shotgun unit that can outflank. I think I would have the commissar with the 30 man squad and use them as a first wave foot swarm unit. The stubborn on that unit would be better since the gun-line of 40 will be stationary to make use of missile launchers...and making use of FRFSRF and other orders from the big daddy (commander). I say play the list several times and see how it does. You never have played a gun-line with mobile foot and fast options.

    I agree with John on this. I think people are too geared up for the armor, and most likely, your gun line will be getting some sort of cover save,so I'd put the commissar in the "in your face" unit. Hes an upgrade right? So he can't be singled out and killed, even if he is in the front rank.

    Butt Head says:

    No, he can't be singled out. I keep debating on trying to stick a powerfist in there somewhere, but I'm of the opinion that if I can't kill something with the mass amount of fire power I have, a 25pt powerfist on one guardsman really won't make a difference.

Powered by Blogger