Urban Board - Revised






Okay, so I've re-thought my Urban terrain board. There will be one dedicated raised Terrain piece, but I'm making two other smaller sections that can be put in the corners. When I get the Skyshield Landing Pad, that will be built on a elevated area as well. As you can see, the Pegasus Hobbies buildings are excellent. Right now they are built in thier standard layout, which is one medium sized one story building and one two story tower. I am thinking of combing them into one big piece with a "bell tower". I almost bought the Shrine of Aquilla piece, but the problem I have with it is that it's just one corner of a building...that's it. I know you can kit bash it with a bastion to make a bigger terrain piece, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that. I would like some suggestions. Nothing is glued yet, as the piece kinda just snap loosely together.


4 Response to "Urban Board - Revised"

  1. I don't know. Those raised parts seem a bit tall. Those buildings would be like 10-12 feet above the street level.

    Butt Head says:

    So you saying I should scrap it?

    Ok I see what Pidge is saying. And no I dont think you should scrap it. I didn't get it when I looked at it the first time, but I see now what you were going for. The problem is going to be that troops and vehicles at the street level wont have LOS to virtually anything on adjacent streets due to the extremely high curbs. (He's right..they're about 10 feet high)
    I think you SHOULD keep the central one that high as it is perfect for an objective-based mission or a Planetstrike strongpoint. But maybe you could consider using thinner insulation for the other blocks to bring things down closer to the street level.

    Alternatively you keep it like it is, and define it as a hab or industrial complex with streets set far below the building/walkway level to reduce the impact on foot traffic. This is 40k after all, there's no reason cities cant be whatever you want them to be.

    Butt Head says:

    I just combined the two gothic sets and made a large church with a steeple in front. It looks awesome and still fits on the 18" x 24" foamboard that I'm carving out for the center piece. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow to see what you guys think..

Powered by Blogger