BoLSCon Painting Competition


So I was pondering entering some models in the painting competition. The thing is I really don't know if what I want to do qualifies. I was thinking of creating an elaborate scenic base and entering my Inquisitorial acolytes from our Dark Heresy game as a "unit". I have been considering even painting up an Inquisitor to lead them. Obviously I'd need to rebase the entire unit and mount them on something scenic. But I wanted to include the the Sanctioned Psycher, Arbitrator, Assassin, Guardsman stormtrooper, Ordo Militant Sororitas, Sister Hospitaller, and Techpriest Magos. I had thought about including the guy with the psycannon as an interrogator explitor, but I'm not sure about the model (I would still need to drill out the psycannon barrel for sure but even so). And as Jason and I discussed one weak model will damage the whole entry. Anyway do you guys think this would even qualify as a "unit"? Would the addition of an Inquisitor help? Any ideas for a scenic base? Thoughts?

3 Response to "BoLSCon Painting Competition"

  1. I think its a great idea! I think you have some exceptionally painted minis.

    I would email the BoLS guys and ask them if it qualifies as a unit. I emailed them a little while back, and got a reply very quickly.

    As for a scenic base, I would suggest having the bodies of the heretics the acolytes has "cleansed". It seemed to me that most of the scenarios that were pre-planned were in cities, so i would suggest a city/urban/tech feel to the base itself.

    As for the inquisitor, since the early DH books didn't have them, I'd leave him out, although I have heard that they are planning to bring inquisitors into the game at some point. Who know, they may already have.

    Maybe I should just go by BFG and get an opinion.
    As for an urban base..got any suggestions?

    Look at the first article in this web-zine. I think you outta do something like this.

    http://www.40kradio.com/freeboota/issue2.pdf

Powered by Blogger