Blood Bowl


Blood Bowl! Okay so I went ahead and purchased blood bowl. It's not terrible.. but it is frustrating..

I'm pretty sure each of us would play our respective races if we were all to play, as such I went ahead and picked Skaven.. (Yay rats!) And because I figured I'd enjoy it more, I decided to play the game in blitz turn based mode instead of in real time..

Holy crap its hard. I have played 6 turn based games at this point ( they are long ) and have tied 2 and lost the rest.. I thought I was going to get two other ties, but they ended up with the win after all.. I never ever came close to winning.. Not even remotely..

Each time I played it was either Humans or Dwarfs and let me tell ya.. they are harsh.. The Dwarfs were kicken my ass no matter what..

For grins, I played one final game vs Dwarfs in real time.. I murdered them.. I had 7 touch downs at the half. I'm not sure why the game plays so completely differently turn based vs real time.. It's pretty clear the AI wasn't written by the same guy or that something is wrong.. I don't know if "turn based easy" is broken or if "real time easy" is broken.. ones too hard, the others too easy..

Either way I'll probably keep playing turn based for a while until I'm just fed up with it.. If one of you guys wants to play we can probably start a league..

3 Response to "Blood Bowl"

  1. Well to kick off fourth of july prior to heading to the family for fireworks and "fun" I played one more game against humies in turn based mode and kicked ass..

    I won 3 to 0.. I think I'm starting to figure out the skaven strength.. (Speed and agility.. duh)

    Important things to note;

    1. Face down means they wont get up next turn, face up means they will.
    2. You can move, OR block. You can only move AND block once.
    3. Numbers, numbers, numbers.. this game has the equivalent of the wither..
    4. Rat Ogres is stupid.. but they hit hard as a truck.. not once.. but twice..

    Fun stuff.. This game did a lot towards endearing me to the game.. it took me over an hour to play and was quite enjoyable.

    The game has a steep learning curve. It's apparent that it completely mirrors the tabletop game, and apparent that they completely expect players to already know the rules of the tabletop so the docs are somewhat ambiguous. I've reached a point where I can actually win games against the computer. Played a game against Jason and my wood elf team managed to hold his rats to a draw...just barely. I could see how a league would be a lot of fun, but the multiplayer interface really needs some work still.

    Needs some work? That's what you had to say about that?

    It's horrible..

    The game is fun but man I still aint figured money out.. my team is ker-broke and other teams are filthy rich..

    I'd say rats don't need cash but dear god we do..

Powered by Blogger