My Turn: 2k Space Wolf List

I think this is what I'll be playing for a while.

HQ
Wolf Lord
Runic Armor, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolftooth Necklace, Bolt Pistol, Frost Weapon, Saga of the Bear

Rune Priest
Wolftooth Necklace, Bolt Pistol, Runic Weapon, Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning

Rune Priest
Wolftooth Necklace, Bolt Pistol, Runic Weapon, Murderous Hurricane, Living Lightning


Elite
Wolf Guard x4
Bolter x4, PF x4

Wolf Scout x8
Bolt Pistol x 7, Meltagun, CCW x8, Mark of the Wulfen

Troops
Grey Hunter Pack x5
Bolt Pistol x5, Bolter x4, Meltagun, CCW x5, Mark of the Wulfen
Razorback
Extra Armor, Lascannon/TL Plasmagun


Grey Hunter Pack x5
Bolt Pistol x5, Bolter x4, Meltagun, CCW x5, Mark of the Wulfen
Razorback
Extra Armor, Lascannon/TL Plasmagun

Grey Hunter Pack x10
Bolt Pistol x10, Bolter x9, Meltagun, CCW x10, Mark of the Wulfen
Rhino
Extra Armor

Grey Hunter Pack x10
Bolt Pistol x10, Bolter x8, Meltagun, Flamer, CCW x10, Mark of the Wulfen

Heavy Support
Long Fang Pack x6
Bolt Pistol, Missile Launcher x5, CCW x6

Long Fang Pack x6
Bolt Pistol, Missile Launcher x5, CCW x6

Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armor, Multimelta

This comes in at 1997 points. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I do have all the minis for it (not counting the turrest for the Razorbacks, when will someone make a decent turret for the las/plas).

The original list had 2 Rhinos and 2 RBs. The idea was to have the LRC charging forward with the Rhino/RBs moving 6 inches and the RBs shooting the las/plas and the Rune Priests shooting their psychic powers out the top. Now I've got the same idea, but the only one Rhino.

I figure three of the four WGs will go with the GHs and the fourth with go with the scouts.

Scouts pop in on turn 2+ and either pop some armor with the melta/PF or charge someone to tie them up.

I am hoping between the Long Fangs, RBs and MM/AssCan on the LRC I'll have enough anti-armor. I will have an issue with armor 14, but who doesn't?

The rhino-less 10 man GH squad is my "death star" unit. It will put the Wolf Lord and one of the Rune Priests in that unit. So if the LRC delivers them, I'll get 27 S4 attacks, 3-7 S4 rending attacks, 4 S4 force weapon attacks, and 6 S5 power weapon attacks on the charge. Assuming the LRC don't blow up in route. 

Any thoughts?

2 Response to "My Turn: 2k Space Wolf List"

  1. Butt Head says:

    Holy crap... That would completely chew through my IG Mech list....

    Really? I would have thought the IG would take it apart. I think it would come down to the first turn of shooting. If I got lucky and stopped you from dropping some pie plates either from distruction or even shaking, I would do well.

    However, I think if you got lucky and took out my Rhinos/Razorbacks early, I'd be f'ed.

Powered by Blogger