Crimson Fister

Well I finished off my squad of Black Templars. I think they look pretty good. I think painting the Dwarfs helped with my control, although at times my hands still get a bit shaky.

Here is a semi-close up of the chaplain. The crozius didn't come out as well as I had hoped. I'm not exactly sure why but its not very smooth.

Here are the five initiates. I think they all came out pretty well except for the while on the shoulder pads. I tried a couple different undercoats, but the while still came out blotchy and unsmooth, but its good enough for me.

And here are the five neophytes. I did a bit of work to give them all chain swords and gave them Marauder Horsemen helmets (thanks to John for the idea). I really like these guys. I think that khaki came out very well.

So I began my next squad. The Crimson Fists. I did my first test mini today.

I think this one came out pretty good as well. The only thing I am a little disappointed in is the undercoating. I am having a real issue with the heat and humidity with my spray on undercoats. I am getting a serious orange skin effect on my minis which is pissing me off. I have some ideas on hot to fix it and I'll be trying those in the coming week.

Anywho...

2 Response to "Crimson Fister"

  1. Butt Head says:

    They look awesome. I'll be posting pics soon of my Catachan/Tanith/Vietnam vet army..

    The Khaki turned out good .... you should have put together a Steel Legion Guard force cuz yer neophytes look like Steel Legion guardsmen now.

Powered by Blogger