Up to Date (Sorta)

Well now that I can walk without  being hunched over like an old man, I figured I'd post an update.

I worked my ass off (or perhaps I should say my back off) this week, and I am pretty sure sitting at my desk hunched over for a minimum of 4 hours each day is what did my back in. The 8 hours I spent on Friday was probably the nail in the coffin, but I finished up the Hammerers.



They were pretty fun to paint, even 20 in a single week. The bases were a bit of a pain in the ass, as they took 5 magnets each to hold them to my movement tray, so I spent a long time with the dremel and resin dust drilling 100 holes for the 100 magnets for my 20 Hammerers.

All-in-all I am very pleased with them (except for one dude whose beard turned out really bad, but I figure that I'll stick him in the back rank, and no one will notice.

One of the things that I really liked about these guys are the shields. The hammerers come with shields, but they are kinda weird. They have an wood grain pattern on one side, but that side has an indent so that it will stick on the "post" that comes out of the dwarf's back. On the opposite side, there is just a flat area. It looked really boring so I bought some Dwarf Shield Bits on the GW site. I then used the emblems on the shields to give them some detail. The really nice thing about this is I painted the shield in a gold, and the emblem in silver, and I didn't have to worry about being sloppy. I painted the shield and then primed and painted the emblems on the sprue. That way I just clipped them off and glued them to the shields. I'm not that worried about gluing paint on paint, as there is no weight on the one side, so I don't expect them to pop off.

I also primed the rest of the minis I have to paint.

As I am a bit tired after doing those 20 dudes, I am going to do my bolt thrower this week. I think the three dudes and the BT will seem like a breeze after doing 20 Hammers in one week.

I have 5 weeks to finish the army (even though I don't think I'll be taking them to the Capitol City Carnage). I figure one week on the BT, 2 weeks on 20 warriors then a week on the last Engineer, BSB and General, and then I have a week to do the bases, and I should be done!

Last but not least, Tamara obviously found the camera, so here are a couple of shots of the gyrocopter.

2 Response to "Up to Date (Sorta)"

  1. These are great! At what point can we actually expect you to play them?

    i was ready to play this past weekend.

Powered by Blogger