Imperial Guard

I know we are switching to WHFB for awhile, but I wanted to throw some stuff out there about the Guard. I am going to try once again to come up with a better list.

Mechanized:

I still like my Veteran Mech list, but am thinking of tweeking it some.

HQ:
Instead of a Commissar Lord and Ogrynns, I take a regular Commander (Plasma Pistol/Power Weapon) 3 Plasmaguns Vets and a Medic (FNP) in a Chimera.

Troops:
Instead of 4 Veteran units, I take 6 Veteran units (4 in Chimeras, 1 in a Valk and 1 in a Vend) 4 will be Shotgun/Melta, 1 will be Lasgun/Grenade launcher, and the last will be Lasgun/Plasmagun.


EDIT - I'v been reading the forums and am thinking of adding a SoB squad with either flamers or meltas and replacing one of the Vet units in the Valk/Vend

Fast:
Valk, Vend, and a squadron of two Hellhounds (I have one of new kits to make one of the new variants)

Heavy:
2 LRBTs (barebones)

Infantry swarm:

HQ:
Creed (24" leadership bubble and 4 orders, plus I can infiltrate a unit - either a tank or a mass of infantry) Medic (FNP) Heavyflamer (for defense), 2 bodyguards (to keep him alive) in a Chimera. Creed is there to stay behind the line and issue orders.

Troops:

Infantry platoon - Command will be in a Chimera with 4 plasmaguns.
4 Infantry squads with grenade launchers and missile launchers
3 Heavy weapon squads with 3 HBs, 3 ACs, and 3 LCs

Infantry platoon - Command will be in Chimera with Heavy flamer/2 meltas
3 Infantry squads with grenade launchers
(could use Creed to outflank this squad)

Melta veteran squad in a Chimera

Plasmagun veteran squad in a Chimera

Don't have my list with me at work, but I'd finish out this list with a tank or two, plus a commissar or two to make the infantry squads stubborn. I think the list has around 138 models in it.

2 Response to "Imperial Guard"

  1. Does this mean I can't have your IG army?

    Butt Head says:

    You had your chance... I do have 20 SW shoulder pads for you. 10 Ragnar and 10 Grey Hunter. I'm gonna hang onto the Wolf Priest and Rune Priest and try to figure out a way to paint them up and add them to one of my lists. They are freakin cool models..

Powered by Blogger