Next Project

So now that I'm dong painting Dorfs for a bit (I still have a full block of miners and 10 or so Slayers to paint up) I am itching to get back to painting 40k. I was hoping to start a new army but some Indian-seller (joking joking) foiled my plans, and there really isn't an army I'd like to start right now. I wouldn't mind doing Sisters, but I don't want all that metal. It sounds like Grey Knights might be the next ones redone, so maybe when they come out.

Until then I think what I want to do for pure hobby satisfaction is to do some squads of different space marines chapters (I'm a 3+ armor save fan boy!). I've been proctoring the ACT and SAT to finance this little extravagance, and the first order was just placed.

First up is the Black Templars and Crimson Fists (Oddly enough I have no desire to do their founding chapter). From the bits John gave me and some I've ordered off ebay I am going to do a squad of 5 neophytes and 5 initiates with a chaplain leading them. Best thing about this is I get to use one of the Chaplain minis I've always wanted to do, but couldn't really fit into my Space Wolf Army.

I've also ordered some bits to do my Crimson Fists squad. I am going to throw Pedro Kantor into this squad mainly because I love the mini. I am buying some of the bits packs from GW to CF-up the minis.


I am pretty sure I have my next order lined up. I think I'm gunna need some bodies and legs for my CFs, so I'll be ordering a Tac Squad, but the major purchase is an Iron Hands Squad. With this squad I want to try to convert a Tech Marine into an Iron Father, and so Agument-up a Terminator to act as a squad leader.


Eventually I'd like to do a Dark Angels squad as well. I think I'll probably give them a Librarian so that I can use some of the cool Librarian models as well. I've got another SAT to proctor on the 5th of June, so that's where that cash will come from.


Anywho, what do you guys think? Anyone working on anything?

3 Response to "Next Project"

  1. Butt Head says:

    My IG tank company just needs decals and a bit of touch up on the Veteran squads and it's done..

    My next project, and you guys are gonna hate me for it, is Blood Angels. For my birthday, I got the codex and a Death Company box. I wanted a CC oriented SM force, and since BT and SW already exist in our group, I chose BA. They have some nutty rules and you could crazy with some of the set-ups and Special Characters. I just plan on alot of assault marines with at least two Baals and a DC unit. Fast and choppy is how I want it....

    I picked up the BA codex on ebay for like $15, mainly because I wanted to know what the rules are. I am trying to pick up all the current codicies on ebay if I see a good deal.

    As for the BAs, I don't think they are all that. I think people are just complaining like they do about every new codex. The only thing I am feel I want to call BS on is the fast vehicles and that new flier, but I haven't really seen it yet, so I am holding adjustment before I say the sky is falling.

    Butt Head says:

    Well, the more I read about the new Spearhead battle scenario's that are coming out, the more excited I am about TANKs... I've still got 4 more chassis's to build, plus I want that new LRBT and....I going to get a Baneblade...just a plain ole' Baneblade... They aren't that tough after all, in one of the Guant's ghosts books, a little girl took one out with a powersword and a tube charge....

Powered by Blogger